O ring AP mod issues????

10 replies to this topic
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted February 01, 2007 - 08:59 AM

Has anyone had issues with the O ring version of the AP mod? Where the O ring gets brittle and breaks? Also how many of you have done just the wire tie\ O ring portion of the AP mod and did you like the results?

I have an 06 yz450 and I am thinking about doing this...

Thanks in advance.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:31 AM

Here is the best mod in my opinion for the AP
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=458476

• bluethundaaaa

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Thanks GA, I would like to have that done but I don't want to spend the money. I would like to know what emulsion tube they are using and get one if possible though. I have set my carb up similar with a 165main, 45pj and my stock needle on the 4th clip. I will dink with the AP stuff myself and I have o rings at home but no fine wire that I can use in that area. So I guess that is the basis of my original question.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:17 PM

Thanks GA, I would like to have that done but I don't want to spend the money. I would like to know what emulsion tube they are using and get one if possible though. I have set my carb up similar with a 165main, 45pj and my stock needle on the 4th clip. I will dink with the AP stuff myself and I have o rings at home but no fine wire that I can use in that area. So I guess that is the basis of my original question.

FactoryPro sells the emulsion tube or Zipty for that matter -
My AP is wired - with safety wire - but not like pictures I have seen :ride:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:36 PM

I have told people to stay away fromt he o-rings since day one. Wire it and forget it, Like Ron Popeil says. If you don't have safety wire, order some. Use it on your carb, then on your grips. It's good stuff. I promise. Don't forget the leak jet!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:09 PM

If you don't have safety wire, order some. Use it on your carb, then on your grips. It's good stuff. I promise.

Use it on your timing plugs.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 01, 2007 - 06:00 PM

Use it on your timing plugs.

How do you do that?

• grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2007 - 08:14 PM

How do you do that?

Drill at a 45 from the top of the plug to the outer edge on both plugs and wire them to each other. There's barely room for a loop of fine wire between the big plug and the case, so I put the loop in before I screw the plug in, then twist it and tie it to the smaller one at about 2:00 o'clock on the plug, where the edge is above the case.

I found them loose one to many times on the '06.

• twenty34

Posted February 01, 2007 - 08:56 PM

Has anyone had issues with the O ring version of the AP mod? Where the O ring gets brittle and breaks? Also how many of you have done just the wire tie\ O ring portion of the AP mod and did you like the results?

I have an 06 yz450 and I am thinking about doing this...

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend not doing it. I tried it and didn't experience anything different and ended up removing the job that I did. Gave me piece of mind not worrying about the work coming undone as a result. I had high hopes but was left terribly unimpressed. :ride: :ride: :applause: :ride:

• slammmin72

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:01 PM

i ordered a JD jetting kit for mine, and i put the thicker of the 2 0 rings on it, and it had like a really bad bog off the start...and i rode all weekend, and hte last day i took it off, and it ran like a million bucks....not sure...i dont think i have anyhting on mine now..

• YamaHonda

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:26 PM

i ordered a JD jetting kit for mine, and i put the thicker of the 2 0 rings on it, and it had like a really bad bog off the start...and i rode all weekend, and hte last day i took it off, and it ran like a million bucks....not sure...i dont think i have anyhting on mine now..

I concur - The JD kit works great (needle mains and pilot), but the O-ring made no difference IMO. Wire and a leak jet may be different, but I didn't have a bog issue before I put the o-ring on, and there was no change I could feel with the o-ring in place.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.