Softer seat??

11 replies to this topic
  • toofazt

Posted January 31, 2007 - 09:34 PM

I had an '02 CR250 before I got the YZ450 I have now and the seat on my CR felt 50x better than my hard ass seat on my 450 :ride: Is there an aftermarket seat or could I somehow fit a CR250 seat on my YZ450? Thanks, Steve.

• YubaRider

Posted January 31, 2007 - 09:51 PM

I’ve thought about replacing the foam on my seat. Not sure what an upholstery shop would charge to do something like that? A long day of trail riding is rough on aYZ450F:confused: :ride:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2007 - 07:38 AM

Call Guts Racing - they have your @$$ in mind........:ride:

• Ranger18

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Not trying to be a smart ass, but try standing more, it's an important skill to have.
I have a F*cked up tail bone, so I bought a pair of MSR riding shorts. They are like raod bike shorts that you wear under you pants, and they have a big ass pad built in.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:44 PM

I’ve thought about replacing the foam on my seat. Not sure what an upholstery shop would charge to do something like that? A long day of trail riding is rough on aYZ450F:confused: :ride:

You dont need a upholstery shop to swap out a seat foam/cover. Just need a HD stapler and you are good to go. Ive done many seat covers. They are easy.

• bboyce

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:45 AM

Why are you guys complaining? Coming off an 03 KTM, this seat is the best thing ever! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevin nichols

Posted February 05, 2007 - 03:25 PM

I changed my seat foam to an aftermarket soft foam. It is much more comfortable for those long rides.

• 642MX

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:23 PM

I had a local trim shop add some softer foam on the stock saddle. I'm lazy and sit down a lot and the soft foam helps.

• YzGuy79

Posted February 05, 2007 - 06:15 PM

You dont need a upholstery shop to swap out a seat foam/cover. Just need a HD stapler and you are good to go. Ive done many seat covers. They are easy.

HAHAHA ROFL
I'd rather change 100 tires than do a seat cover!
They're the biggest pain in the ass in the world of aftermarket mx accessories.
I can never get them on straight or tight. I just let my local upholstery shop do it.

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted February 09, 2007 - 08:56 AM

HAHAHA ROFL
I'd rather change 100 tires than do a seat cover!
They're the biggest pain in the ass in the world of aftermarket mx accessories.
I can never get them on straight or tight. I just let my local upholstery shop do it.

hear that yzman? he'll do your bike and car tires for a single bike seat:thumbsup:

• matts06yzf

Posted February 09, 2007 - 11:07 AM

you think your stocker is hard get the guts firm like I did. I read on here people like the firm, holy hell this thing is like sitting on a board. But you shouldnt be sitting much anyways unless you are riding trails so it deff makes me stand or my ass will pay the price.

• YubaRider

Posted February 09, 2007 - 04:28 PM

I've install a few cover for the kid to match the sticker kit with a heat gun:thumbsup: Thats the trick with seat covers, but the foam seems to be a diffrent story. :censored:

Need to glue and shape it:crazy: Thats when the upholstery shop comes to mind:prof:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.