'04 or '05 WR?

3 replies to this topic
  • Derek00

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:05 PM

I'm riding an '03 YZ450 right now but find myself constantly looking for another gear in the desert. I'm going to check out an '04 and an '05 WR 450 this weekend. Were there any major changes made between these 2 years. Anything to look out for on either model? Are they more or less equally dependable?

• TeXR

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:42 PM

I have the 05 and if I recall, the changes were not too significant...a few pounds lighter, 11mm shorter, etc. I think the 04 was not able to Green Sticker in California. Otherwise, price ought to be the determiner.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted January 31, 2007 - 10:37 PM

The 05 was made more YZ like, lower center of gravity, better suspension new head!!! better handling, new exhaust. Its a much improved motorcycle.

• richs

Posted February 02, 2007 - 01:31 PM

I am looking too. One of the differences is fuel capacity. The '04 gives you 1/2 gallon more fuel for those long rides. The '05 is definately shorter for those of us that are vertically challenged. After riding a few of both I came to realize that each bike regardless of year felt different depending on how they were set-up and modded.

One recommendation is test ride until you find the one that feels right. On the other hand you could probably buy any of them and set them up according to your preferences.-----Just my thoughts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.