Air Fuel Screw washer question

5 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted January 31, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hi WR guru's,

I am wondering if you were missing the washer, not the spring or o-ring, what would be your likely symptom (s) ?

Thanks for you help

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted January 31, 2007 - 09:47 PM

Complete Engine Failure, If I where you I wouldnt even start it...........

Good to see some of the old guard is still around. Any idea what happend to the rest? My guess is they either quit riding or went Orange.

• Fryboy

Posted February 01, 2007 - 10:32 AM

No one has any idea? I have lost the entire fuel screw once, and my bike wouldn't idle at all. I guess what I am getting at, is,

do you think not having the washer could be causing a too lean condition, in turn, causing hard starting? This is assuming your Carb is clean and your Valves are in spec.

Give me something guys !!!!!

Nice to hear from you Team Oatmeal :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cumminsgetsome

Posted February 01, 2007 - 11:07 AM

I don't think it does much more than just keeping the spring off of the Oring.

• new2blu

Posted February 01, 2007 - 12:46 PM

I believe that the washer protects the oring from being damaged when the fuel screw is turned.

• JimL

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:26 PM

I think it could be rich or lean. without the washer the spring can cut the o-ring and push it to the side or push it into the hole and block it. Call sudco , you can order the washer and o-ring from them. Yamaha makes you buy the whole fuel screw assembly to get what you need. I ordered 5 of each after I searched my garage for an hour one night.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.