oem engine parts best prices

17 replies to this topic
  • Hot Rod Todd

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:48 AM

so who has the best prices for oem these days? here in bc,canada a quote for some parts costs almost $800.00. this was from pacific yamaha (one of canada's largest dealers) ouch!
i did a search at bikebandit.com and their quote is $305.00 us, and thats only $360.00 cdn plus shipping. no duty on motorcycle parts either. so i can save easy $400.00 cdn if i shop in usa.
i am now going to give the tt store a call and see if they can help with some of the paarts i need.
does anyone out there know of any other good oem parts shops for my 450 engine?
where is the cheapest!!!! i'd rather spend my money on some aftermarket parts that would add performance, as would the rest of you. lol.

• bluethundaaaa

Posted January 31, 2007 - 12:10 PM

holy crap that is expensive:eek: . I use bikebandit for my oem stuff.....always seem to get a good price from them.

• Sundog

Posted January 31, 2007 - 12:13 PM

Call or email the TT OEM store. Have part number at the ready as they will need to look things up if they are not already in the system.

Also you can look at RonAyers.com (fiche)

• JJHayesIII

Posted January 31, 2007 - 01:17 PM

can we add this to the faq?

I recommend Mike at University Motors
Mike Barth
University Motors
1920 12 Ave. N
Fargo, ND 58102
FAX 701-235-6478

Or the TT OEM store....

RonAyers is also good, but turnaround time isn't usually as good as the two above...

• Fullbore4

Posted January 31, 2007 - 02:25 PM

OEM Parts dealors I've used:

• Hot Rod Todd

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:03 PM

thanks all, ron's and the tt store looks like the best so far. still waiting for a quote from tt. 15 parts on the list, and here in canada is over a grand. but should be under five in the states. krazy, eh! :ride:

• marty b

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:59 PM

i here you tod. pac. yamaha is where i bought 2 bikes every time i need somthing its allways the big omg i have bettar exp with cypress motercycle on river road

• Hot Rod Todd

Posted February 01, 2007 - 02:27 PM

ok, well tt store has left a message, and for a list of 15 oem engine parts, their total came to 450us plus shipping. thats around $530 cdn. for those same parts here in bc they were quoting me $1200 cdn. so i will be calling back the tt store (harry) and ordering tomorrow. appearently there is no duty on motorcycle parts in canada. so...........
thanks tt (store).

• fershy

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:55 PM

A word from the wise....Make sure you have them sent via US Postal service and insure it for the full amount. If you sent the parts via UPS you can kiss away all your savings because of their outrageous brokerage prep fees.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hot Rod Todd

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:03 PM

thank for the heads up, hopefully they will send it us postal!

• Sundog

Posted February 02, 2007 - 11:51 AM

thank for the heads up, hopefully they will send it us postal!

Call or email Harry to make absolutely SURE!

• chrispy1202

Posted January 04, 2008 - 07:55 PM

There is a company just over the border at Sumas called SHIP HAPPENS that can save you some real $$$ if they won't ship by USPS. They are a warehouse that gives you a place (US address) to ship to. They charge you $4 per parcel that gets shipped there. I have used them at least four times now. Then when you come back across the border with your package of parts, all you do is pay the PST/GST. Check them out with a Google search.

• Dirtnerd

Posted January 04, 2008 - 09:00 PM

I've used Ship Happens and had no problems.

• dominator426

Posted January 07, 2008 - 01:20 AM

TT does ship internationally via USPS by default, unless you specify UPS in the special instructions box; http://oem.thumperta...alshipping.aspx
They really are cheaper too. The $10 membership fee seems well worth it... I could slap a new piston, rings and pin in my 426 with 11500 miles on it, but I don't think it even needs it.

• matt4x4

Posted January 07, 2008 - 04:10 AM

Yes, UPS is a big ripoff - if you have a friend down south who can "reship it as a gift", that's always your best bet, because if it gets caught at the border you WILL get charged the tax AND duty, it's then up to you to Argue the duty, and it's really a hassle.
I get all my parcels reshipped, this seems to be the best method.
I've used www.cyclepartsnation.com - unfortunately, they use UPS - but interUSA doesn't really matter - either way, the parts cost me way less than half delivered.

• Island Boy

Posted January 07, 2008 - 05:55 AM

I have always used www.powerpartsplus.com. Never had a problem, they take international orders, great prices and fast shipping.:banghead:

I like the way the site is set up too... very user friendly with oem part charts and part #'s all on one page. Check it out, you will be impressed.

• YamIan

Posted January 07, 2008 - 06:15 AM

quote is $305.00 us, and thats only $360.00 cdn plus shipping.

Hey Hot Rod

I don't know where you are getting your money converted. The US and Canadian dollars are currently at par. If anything the price will be slightly less.

$305 USD = $304.48 CAN (approx.) + shipping.

• Hot Rod Todd

Posted January 07, 2008 - 07:07 AM

Hey Hot Rod

I don't know where you are getting your money converted. The US and Canadian dollars are currently at par. If anything the price will be slightly less.

$305 USD = $304.48 CAN (approx.) + shipping.

sorry Yam, you're a few inches short of a wheelie! check the dates, this thread was started 1 year ago.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.