help with taffy apj mod!

7 replies to this topic
  • Tman

Posted January 12, 2002 - 06:01 PM

Does any one have any pics on the taffy mod. I would really like to give it a try because it sounds like it will solve my bogging problems I'm just not totally sure where the block connector goes or what a block connector looks like. Also how do you time the fuel squirt. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject but I'm just taking the carb off for the first time and not really sure how the thing works. Thanks for the help.

• mattnohiohills

Posted January 12, 2002 - 06:03 PM

Someone please answer this, I was just getting ready to ask the same question!

• andy_howes

Posted January 13, 2002 - 04:17 AM

I have some pics on the taffy mod.I not sure how to get them on this site yet but will try. please bear with me .if you are desperate i can e-mail pics

• The_Missile

Posted January 13, 2002 - 08:44 AM

Theres anothe thread that describes this thing...
taffy apj mod

also its so easy...

block connecter ; a connector for two pices of elcetrical wire as you would use when installing a new ceiling light or....

You have to strip a connector so you end up with ONE little cylinder with two screws in it.

The APJ pump has a rod. This cylinder fits around the long arm of the rod and acts as a stopper on the apj housing.

NOTE : I think this works for 98 and 99 only. 2001-2002 do not have the same structure to the apj mechanism. For 00,01,02 models you have to do the BK mod or KL mod. (Do a search)

later

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: The Missile ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ballistic

Posted January 13, 2002 - 09:23 AM

Will the rubber bootie fit back overtop of the connector? The only ones I've seen have a 3/8inch outside diameter.. too big to fit under the boot thing.

• Guy

Posted January 13, 2002 - 09:30 AM

:) You can get a little iddy biddy one, If ness go to 12v connectors if you don't think that a 240v 3amp is small enough, I got my boot back over a 20A connector, use feeler gauges to set the gap, I think Taff in the "jetting Q's" thread gives an approx time duration to gap setting! :D

• Tman

Posted January 13, 2002 - 09:35 AM

Hey andy if you have a pic you can email me travisn@worldnet.att.net Can you tell me where you can buy a block connector I've been to a couple of hardware stores and nobody has any idea what i am talking about. Thanks

• ballistic

Posted January 13, 2002 - 12:13 PM

ya me too. heres the only connector thing i can find, it wont fit under boot (its 1/8 id x 3/8 od).
see pic here.. http://www.climaxmet...rew_collars.htm

ballistics@shaw.ca

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.