Battery Alternative

8 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:14 AM

I need a new battery for my 05 WR450, but is their a less expensive alternative that exists out there?

Posted January 31, 2007 - 12:46 PM

I can't remember exactly who but it was either Rocky Mountain, Dennis Kirk or Chaparel that had a different brand for considerably less than the factory one.

• SteveWR450F

Posted January 31, 2007 - 03:39 PM

I thought I read once that Auto Zone carries a battery that is compatible for our bikes at much cheaper price. Might want to search this site or call autozone.

Posted January 31, 2007 - 04:18 PM

Check this out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted February 01, 2007 - 11:50 AM

I love you guys. I almost bought one for $70 a minute ago. Thanks.

Posted February 01, 2007 - 11:58 AM

No problem. I need to get one for mine as well. I wish they were able to use a big enough battery that would last longer.

• marty b

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:51 PM

just got off the phone with a battry gurou he says he can supply the cbt
but does not recomend it in this applaction as its cold cranking or ability to produce is half the ytz witch we all know has a hard enough time starting a 450, i am going with the ytz you get what you pay for.

• smokinsingle

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:28 PM

Well put marty!! If the batt is properly maintained it should last 4-5 years.

• Fullbore4

Posted February 02, 2007 - 10:37 PM

From what I've read on this forum lately about the short lifed starters it might be good to kick her over manually when its cold and use e-start spareingly......just to preserve life of the starter and the battery.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.