6 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:07 AM

I installed an LED rear 1157 bulb and LED turn signals in my E-line D/S kit, and they do not work. Is there some type of electrical piece that needs to go in before the LED lights for voltage purposes? What is it exactly and where do you get them. I know this has been hashed, just could not find what this item is called….. Thanks in advance…..:ride:

• dzrtrat1111

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:34 AM

you might need to get a led compatable turnsignal relay flasher.. you shouldn't have any problems with the tail light since a led required less voltage

• bcone

Posted January 31, 2007 - 12:51 PM

You need a resistor to get your signals to work if your not running them inline with other signal bulbs (the bulbs act as a resistor) check Western Power Sports. Sold in pairs they are about $20. That should do the trick. It may be that you will need the flasher unit as well, but I'm not sure. The regular flasher is mechanical and without the resistance of the bulb it does not work. As for me I ran my LED's on my bark busters in line with flush mount signals mounted to the cowling. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttmojo1

Posted January 31, 2007 - 03:56 PM

My taillight burnt out on a baja designs ds kit so, I called em up
and asked about a bulb and the tech said "dont bother,its just gonna
keep burnin out". So I put on the theyre, Led tailpiece. Traded the rear
blinkers for flush Led's also. Didnt have do anything other than plug em in.
Supposedly the Led's work on AC or DC.:ride: --02 xr650r

• porterdog

Posted February 01, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Supposedly the Led's work on AC or DC.

Maybe some do, sometimes, but in general LED's expect to see a DC power source. hill, did your DS kit come with a regulator, or a regulator/rectifier?

• hill5150

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Not sure if there is a rectifier in there or not. The brains for the unit are all encased in a unit up front by the front headlight.

• Red_Chili

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:28 AM

Do the basics... make sure the ground is good, and you see +12VDC on the running light contact and brake contact. If so, and still no lightie, make sure the contacts are clean and that the bulb aligns correctly to make contact, and that the little spring is springy enough to force contact. No extra devices are needed for the 1157 LED bulb, self contained.

RE: LED turnsignals, the advice above on the flasher is good. Resistors, or an LED-compatible flasher.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.