07 YZ450F hardware

4 replies to this topic
  • MTshirt

Posted January 31, 2007 - 06:16 AM

I read that the new YZ has aluminum hardware. Has that been a problem for anyone? It does not sound like a good idea to me. My bikes come apart and back together often. Do you think soft hardware will last?

• mrtwilcox

Posted January 31, 2007 - 06:22 AM

I read that the new YZ has aluminum hardware. Has that been a problem for anyone? It does not sound like a good idea to me. My bikes come apart and back together often. Do you think soft hardware will last?

this is not the case the new yzfs come with dished out bolts and are more zinc coated than the older yzs that used to come with the dark brown greenish paint on them basically just more uniformity in the hardware:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:33 AM

No problems of the sort with my 07 450...

• grayracer513

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:33 AM

Actually, it is true to some extent. The two pieces that come to mind immediately are the front axle nut and the steering crown nut. By far, however, the bulk of fasteners used on the bike are steel.

• MTshirt

Posted February 05, 2007 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the replys. Picked up a white one on Saturday

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.