carb size difference between R and L 650

5 replies to this topic
  • 2000dr650

Posted January 30, 2007 - 09:46 PM

I just want to say hello to everyone as i just bought a 06 XR650LPosted Image and crossed over the Honda playing field. Im comming from a 2000DR650 with just about every mod i could get my hands on but the aftermarket parts are quite limited for this modelPosted Image. . Anyways, i replaced my 40MM cv carb from my DR with a 41mmFCR and i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put this carb on a XRL? my reason for asking is that the L comes with a 42.5 cv and the R come with a Keihin 40mm piston-valve and im not sure why the smaller diameter carb for the R..higher compression?..I'd love to use my FCR as it wasnt cheap and would suck to have it sit in a drawer. Thanks on advance for any views:ride:

• jaredc28

Posted January 31, 2007 - 07:44 AM

I have no idea about your question, but I love the bike! Is that tank painted or did it come in black. I know they come in black but most of them are more glossy (maybe the pic). The flat black tank seems to match the frame and side covers perfect. If painted what did you use (or the previous owner)?

Thanks

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:42 AM

The CV carb can be larger because there's no worry about whacking the throttle open and having it bog.

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2000dr650

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:46 AM

I have no idea about your question, but I love the bike! Is that tank painted or did it come in black. I know they come in black but most of them are more glossy (maybe the pic). The flat black tank seems to match the frame and side covers perfect. If painted what did you use (or the previous owner)?

Thanks

i did all the black myself...sandable primer

sandded plastic with 400 gritt..cleaned with soap and water..sprayed 1st coat..sanded again w/400..wiped very well with a tack cloth sprayed again adn sanded with 1000 grit..wiped with tack cloth..final spray..sanded with 1500..its like a shell now..very tough but will scratch if you hit it hard enough..but a easy repair..one #tssst# with the spray can an looks good as new

• 2000dr650

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:47 AM

The CV carb can be larger because there's no worry about whacking the throttle open and having it bog.

Dave

ya my FCR does that now..it does change the way you can "hit it"

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 31, 2007 - 03:49 PM

ya my FCR does that now..it does change the way you can "hit it"

Is that a pumper carb?

That's what an accel. pump is supposed to fix.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.