Xr650 for me?

4 replies to this topic
  • RUFF_RYDER

Posted January 30, 2007 - 06:33 PM

Ive posted alot about what would be good for me but im tryin another ha

so are xr 650's good bikes like can u tell me the pros and cons
i will mostley be riding desert wide open and sometimes wide trails.
are these bikes hard to take care of and will i have to put money into it alot?
are they pretty smooth feeling bikes compared to like 450s? i want a bike that is smooth and doesnt jerk my arms everytime ya kno. or should i just stick with the 250f? i just dont like how much u have to change valves on the 250f's but what ever i need to do.

oh yeah im 15 6'2 185 pounds

• Hondathumper450

Posted January 31, 2007 - 05:36 AM

I am a new xr650r owner and traded my CRF450R for the XR650R.
I rode the 650 a little and the power is more than the crf450 but in a more controllable roll-on scenario. the xr650r's are easy to maintain and no you don't have to change oil after every ride and adjust valves after every 6 rides.
I traded becuase of the powerband and the maintenance issues of the crf450r and wanted a bike I can start up and go but still have enough power when needed. If you are going to be in wide open areas and desert areas then the 650R is your bike to have. do the uncorking mod to it if not already done. A stock speed of 99 to 102 mph coupled with more torque and power right off idle. I put a 51 tooth rear on mine from the stock 48 as I will never get to the 99 mph top speed but wanted a little more crawling speed for the tight areas.
Another good thing about the XR650's is they still make them, they do not change the friggin bike every year. parts on a 2006 or 7 will work on a 2000.
The bike ill last forever if you take care of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JackAttack

Posted January 31, 2007 - 08:32 AM

I am a new xr650r owner and traded my CRF450R for the XR650R.
I rode the 650 a little and the power is more than the crf450 but in a more controllable roll-on scenario. the xr650r's are easy to maintain and no you don't have to change oil after every ride and adjust valves after every 6 rides.
I traded becuase of the powerband and the maintenance issues of the crf450r and wanted a bike I can start up and go but still have enough power when needed. If you are going to be in wide open areas and desert areas then the 650R is your bike to have. do the uncorking mod to it if not already done. A stock speed of 99 to 102 mph coupled with more torque and power right off idle. I put a 51 tooth rear on mine from the stock 48 as I will never get to the 99 mph top speed but wanted a little more crawling speed for the tight areas.
Another good thing about the XR650's is they still make them, they do not change the friggin bike every year. parts on a 2006 or 7 will work on a 2000.
The bike ill last forever if you take care of it.

Could not have been said any better.:ride:

• RUFF_RYDER

Posted January 31, 2007 - 05:32 PM

thanks man, imma check one out soon, do u think they should be pretty calm on financing?

• dukeryder

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Check out a Suzuki DRZ400E too, It's not as powerful as the XRR, but it has a greater distance between the seat and the pegs which will be more comfortable for a taller rider. The DRZ is tough as nails like too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.