06 Spring Rate

3 replies to this topic
  • almostinvincible119

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:43 AM

I am 190 lbs on an 06 450, I am a fast C rider and thinking of sending my suspension off. But considering my weight, how much of an improvement can be made by changing springs? I love where my stock settings are at, but my front bottoms on big hits and my rear seems like it is sprung light. Thanks everyone!

• grayracer513

Posted January 30, 2007 - 11:13 AM

Both MX Tech and Race Tech call for springs right at the stock rates for a rider of your weight (I assumed your weight was given as without gear).

If you don't bottom both ends occasionally on the worst hits, you aren't using all of your travel. You can probably improve on the suspension some by a revalve, but it doesn't look like springs are your problem. Your suspension people may have another opinion, and you should probably take theirs over mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 30, 2007 - 01:28 PM

You are on the cusp....the stock should be good - with a revalve for your weight and riding ability...

If you can lose 5-10 lbs it would be right to stay stock...and revalve for the bottoming -

If you go to a 5.6 rear and .48s front...it may be too stiff for you without a significant amt of revalve mods..which is ok ....and will make you faster

if you get faster - then this is the set up for you

• almostinvincible119

Posted January 30, 2007 - 03:29 PM

Thanks guys....has anyone ever used the Race Tech Gold Valve Kit? How hard is that to install and how accurate can you get it to your liking?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.