Sticky Throttle Cables

2 replies to this topic
  • M_HELD250

Posted January 30, 2007 - 07:09 AM

I Have A 04 Yz450, And If I Let It Sit For A Couple Of Days, The Throttle Gets Stuck Wide Open. I Have Tore Apart, Cleaned And Lubed. After A Couple Days It Will Do It Again. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tammie

Posted January 30, 2007 - 07:13 AM

did you check in the housing at the carb where they attach there? they may be frayed, my cables have frayed there and almost have to replace them every winter!! I have a yz400 but you might have that problem.

• PAdaytonaman

Posted January 30, 2007 - 07:17 AM

Ditto on the linkage in the carb, also check your free play at the grip. Too tight will prevent return, should be 3-5 mm.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.