Whats the Best way to access 2007 Carbs

10 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted January 30, 2007 - 12:20 AM

Ok Guys,

What is the best way to access the 07 Carb, for changing Needles,jets etc etc etc.....there seems to be a few ways of doing it on the this forum, so though I would start a thread off...

DM

• 9R117

Posted January 30, 2007 - 05:20 AM

The only way to get at the carb on the 07's is to take the subframe and back shock off the bike, its too tight to just loosen the carb and rock it over to the side.
It took me about three hours to do mine the first time, I managed to tilt the carb up once the shock was off and change the jets.
Its a bit of a pain to do so its worthwhile doing the throttle stop and replacing the air screw at the same time.

Take it easy
9R117

• joshbeene

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:37 AM

I did not remove the subframe completely, but I took out most of the bolts holding it in and pushed it back a lot. I also took out the rear shock. You can get to the top of the carb with the seat and tank off. I did not have to remove the carb to put in new jets and throttle stop. The bolts on the float are allen heads which makes that a lot easier.

• wakin

Posted January 30, 2007 - 01:17 PM

06' YZ450 (I'd think the same?) -

Pull the seat & tank. Remove the upper motor mounts (4 bolts). Loosen the carb boots & it will turn more than enough to access the jets.

• splitpunk

Posted January 30, 2007 - 02:01 PM

I did mine the same as Wakin and it worked great.:ride: took less than an hour.:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Murray Dorward

Posted January 31, 2007 - 11:00 AM

I agree with the above, when I did my AIS kit installation it took me +-2 hours of buggering around with the carb thinking I could remove it by removing the seat, tank,sub-frame and rear spring. Eventually left carb in the bike and stripped it down and installed jets etc. When I did my freinds bike a week later the whole carb story took less than 45min.

This carb is a bitch. Only strip it if you have too. Not like a two stoker. If it works leave it alone.

Muz
:ride: :ride: :ride:

• F6dood

Posted January 31, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Sounds like the CRF250. I could not believe the work required to get to the carb. Had to remove seat, tank, subframe and rear shock bolt and was still tight.

• blackdog9

Posted February 01, 2007 - 12:31 PM

Someone Said "it´s A Two Minutes Job". ¿what The F...k Was He Thinking? Had To Remove Rear Shock, Lift Up A Little The Upper Frame In Order To Remove The Shock Once It Was Loose From Both Bolts, And Finally Could Do The Throttle Stop And Air Screw Adjustments...."a 2 Hour Job".

• atkinse

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:15 AM

He is correct, it does take two minutes to install everything, once everything is stripped and then another 2 hgours of putting it all back together. Well worth the effort though.

• Murray Dorward

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Atkinse, you are 100% correct. After you took the seat of it took you +-2min to put it back after you watched me work for 2 hours installing your AIS kit.

Muz
:lol: :ride: :censored:

• atkinse

Posted February 13, 2007 - 10:14 PM

Well done Muz

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.