Exhaust heat!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • blackdog9

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:02 PM

2007 WR450F, so far have done: unplugged grey wire, throttle stop screw shortening, air/fuel screw 2 turns out and pea shooter removed. I do mostly cross-country rally racing, but the exhaust builds up too much heat, which after a couple hours of riding is a major trouble..I have read that happens because air/fuel mixture is too lean. ¿Will exhaust temp go down if I unscrew more the air/fuel screw? or will I have to re-jet either way??(don´t want to). By the way, ¿what´s the air/fuel screw setting for x-country racing in a desertic area, hot and low humidity, sea level (like baja California, or Glamis)??
Thanks a lot, from Chile.
Sergio:ride:

• mudhog735

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:50 PM

depending on your jetting you will probably be around 1.5-1.75 turns out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumperjp

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:46 PM

I recommend GYTR AIS removable kit.

• dart_440

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:35 PM

Have to change your Pilot to at least a 48 and a different needle. If you buy the GTYR kit it has those things in it. Also get rid of that AIS!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.