Stock LED light for 07's is wired for brake light!!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • joshbeene

Posted January 29, 2007 - 04:25 PM

I have had a 2002 WR426, and a 2005 WR450, and they both came with a dual filament bulbs in the stock tail light. I was unsure untill today that the new LED would be wired for a brake light, but it is!!! If you take of the side cover where the CDI box is and find the wiring connection for the tail light you will notice that there is 3 wires coming from the tail light and after that connection there is only 2. It is because the third wire must be hooked up to a brake light switch. I just did this and I now have a tail and a brake light using my stock LED light. Now all I need is a liscense plate holder.

It is very bright also!!

• PBDBLUE

Posted January 29, 2007 - 04:47 PM

All the previous WR's were wired that way also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR 911

Posted January 30, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Good fined joshbeene. :ride: I unplugged the connector and jumped it and it works! It is brighter than a brass nickel! :ride: The next step is to fined a sano switch to use it. Both front and rear levers.

• Flytmech

Posted January 30, 2007 - 10:13 PM

Put me down for some switches. I was almost rearended this last weekend by my bud when I did a sudden brake to avoid a pit.
Whoever finds the switches please post your results.....:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.