WR426 exhaust question

4 replies to this topic
  • hartzpad

Posted January 29, 2007 - 12:27 PM

I love my stock WR426 muffler, sound/looks great and performs great w/o the baffle, not obsessively loud. But I need a new header, my stock header is dented and slightly bent. Are there aftermarket headers that will mate up to the stock muffler? If not, are there any full aftermarket systems that I should be looking for used? I use my bike both on the street and off-road and it can't be too loud but I could always use some more power. It needs to have a spark arrestor as well. I would love to find a used system for $200.

I guess my other option is to find a stock header for like $40. It would be nice to get an aftermarket pipe for some more power.

• hartzpad

Posted January 30, 2007 - 01:47 PM

No one knows if any aftermarket header pipes will mate up with the stock muffler? Do most aftermarket pipes mount and end up in the same spot to mate with the muffler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bladerunner426

Posted January 30, 2007 - 03:27 PM

The FMF Powerbomb header will mate with stock muffler! I was not passing the sound test with my powercore4 so i Put my stock one back on just for the test and it fit good.

• hartzpad

Posted January 30, 2007 - 06:01 PM

The FMF Powerbomb header will mate with stock muffler! I was not passing the sound test with my powercore4 so i Put my stock one back on just for the test and it fit good.

Thank you! That's exactly the exhaust header that I want to use with my stock muffler. Thanks again!

• kerosene

Posted March 05, 2007 - 01:02 PM

I have same issue - I have powerbomb header and old style powercore4 that will not take the new quiet insert. I want to put the stick pipe in - preferably the mufler.

I don't have any end cap for the stock pipe- will it pass the 96db limit with the stock muffler? or should I buy the pro billet end cap?

h

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.