Wild Wash Road So. Cal Dez.

5 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted January 29, 2007 - 11:27 AM

Just wanted to let you know that Wild Wash road is apparently “closed” now as of July 2006. I’ve been training out there for years. The San Barneydino enforcement officer, whatever the hell that is? Was out Sunday and was cordial enough to not write us ticket, but educate. Tell you what, try posting some signs, we’re educated, we can read. THERE ARE NO SIGNS AT ALL. And by the way, in case anyone checked, there is nothing out there but good, usable, historical riding land………..Went to Hodge, place still blows after all these years, 2 flats, home by 11 AM.

One Pissed- Offroader.......................:ride:

• frankstr

Posted January 29, 2007 - 08:15 PM

That does not sound good I hate hearing about closures, :ride:

• chpxr

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:08 PM

they have closed everthing on the left side of the 15 when heading north the ranger stopped us a few weeks ago to let us know it has been closed and they will start issueing tickets soon because it closed in january

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cjxrider125

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:10 PM

no way man. wild wash was the first place i ever went riding. that a bunch of crap. why would they close it?

• Troy_Bell

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:51 PM

why would they close it?

Because it is not within the boundary of the Stoddard Wells OHV Area and it is not open BLM land like it is north of Barstow.

• cleonard

Posted January 30, 2007 - 06:22 PM

I know thins may seem like a fine distinction, but this was never a legal riding area. It is just that with the new San Bernardino ordinance the sheriff's department can now write tickets. This isn't a closure, it's enforcement of a closed area.

I realize that in the end it is still a loss of a riding area and I agree that it sucks.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.