What year YZ plastics will work on a 01

2 replies to this topic
  • Paewraul

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:17 AM

Guys,
Tried the search and hadn't found much for answers yet, but what years YZ plastics will fit my 01 WR426? I know they say to go a year behind the WR to ensure a fit, but I'm sure if there weren't big model changes, many years should bolt right on.

I'm looking for plastics to bolt right on without modifying the mounts or frame, but I'm sure a little trimming of the plastic may be in order. I'm thinking up to 03 or 04 should bole on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Paewraul

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:36 PM

what? No love? Lotsa lookers can't shoot a quick answer?

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 01, 2007 - 03:49 PM

Guys,
Tried the search and hadn't found much for answers yet, but what years YZ plastics will fit my 01 WR426? I know they say to go a year behind the WR to ensure a fit, but I'm sure if there weren't big model changes, many years should bolt right on.

I'm looking for plastics to bolt right on without modifying the mounts or frame, but I'm sure a little trimming of the plastic may be in order. I'm thinking up to 03 or 04 should bole on?

01-02 yz plastics are a direct fit. We're talking tank, shrouds, and rear fender (all else is the same between WR/YZ). You will need an 01-02 YZ seat if you use the YZ tank, but those are readily available in the aftermarket.

To do the 03-05 plastic conversion. You need the 03-05 tank, shrouds, airbox, subframe, exhaust, seat, rear fender, and front fender. Alot of work and alot of $$$ but the end result looks really clean:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.