led in stock lense

13 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted January 29, 2007 - 05:45 AM

I finally installed the 12 led light from Wheeling Cycle Supply. It bolts right in the same holes as the rubber tits used to sit in for the stock bulb. Also the led comes with its own pig tail. Plug & play if you have the pressure switches already in. Anyways it is real bright when braking. My bud noticed it & I didn't tell him I changed it out. Thanks guys for all the info! & thanks to Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply!:ride:

• pgiinc

Posted January 29, 2007 - 05:51 AM

I did the same thing along with my Baja Led Brake light

• xplore

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:51 AM

How would I go about getting a hold of Forrest?

• MindBlower

Posted January 29, 2007 - 09:43 AM

Was a discussion on those last fall. I'd be interested to hear how they are holding up. I've heard of a lot of failures with BD's LED lights, it's why I haven't changed mine out.

• wickedsprint

Posted January 29, 2007 - 09:52 AM

I have two LED sockets under the stock lense, so far they work fine too.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:28 AM

Do these go under the stock XR600 lense? Can you guys post up some pics?

• pgiinc

Posted January 29, 2007 - 02:28 PM

wheelingcyclesupply.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pgiinc

Posted January 29, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Do these go under the stock XR600 lense? Can you guys post up some pics?

http://www.wheelingc...AAAAB-43627.jpg

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:18 PM

I mean some mounted pics, I can't even tell which one of those I'd order from those pics.

• pgiinc

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:36 PM

its the square one
Quantity Sku Item Style List Price Ext. Price
1 D45-19-011 LED Tail Light Inner Kit KLX/TTR USD 18.98 USD 18.98
Subtotal: USD 18.98
Sales Tax: USD 0.00
Shipping: USD 6.16
Order Total: USD 25.14
use the stock lense

the above is fro the Honda 650R and a KLX

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:20 PM

So the one on the right is for the XR600?

• bork

Posted January 29, 2007 - 08:21 PM

Forrest is also known as creamcheese & here is the link I found out info on.
http://www.thumperta...30&page=1&pp=10

Also there is a good picture of it installed without the lense, in the first post of that link.

• gchidest

Posted January 29, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I just ordered the led for my stock tail light. This is exactly what I had in mind to be able to keep the rear end looking clean and is less weight than the add on aftermarket fenders.

• chpxr

Posted January 29, 2007 - 10:03 PM

i have the led from wheeling cycle and it works great i have had it in for awhile with no problems at all i also have to say the guys at wheeling cycle were just great to deal with super helpful even say if i have any problems with the instert fitting to let him know and he would exchange it for another one till we got it right you can't ask for anymore then that:thumbsup: :ride: to wheeling cycle

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.