07 WR450 prices

41 replies to this topic
  • JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 03, 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hi rmzmnstr,

I paid about $6,900 before sales tax in Charlotte, NC a few weeks ago.

-Jay

• OzMatt

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:08 AM

That is pretty bloody good. Wish i new about that before. May i ask where?

Saw it on the trading post online site.
Would have to add onroads so it will still take it to over $12,000

• crashthings

Posted February 07, 2007 - 04:10 PM

$6,199 before everything. I feel really good about the deal.

• Chas2427

Posted February 08, 2007 - 10:58 AM

$7300 OTD on an '07. Not to bad!

• atkinse

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:18 AM

$9 628, also got raped in South Africa. Worth every penny.

• Murray Dorward

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:37 AM

Dont lie you enjoyed every moment of the salesman putting you over the barrel.

Muz
:applause: :lol: :censored: :ride:

• thumper tom

Posted February 12, 2007 - 03:32 PM

Hope this helps, Tell the Dealer what you will give him price wise,, that he is moving out a bike from his inventory wich helps his cash flow and that you will pay cash, ( dont finance thru them) Thats what I did, i told him I would offer 6500 otd and i would also spend 300 on gear , he called 20 min later and told me to come on down

:censored:

• atkinse

Posted February 13, 2007 - 10:18 PM

Muz, Slippery seconds never felt so good, not even a reach around, NADA

• Dan250

Posted February 17, 2007 - 11:52 PM

Just bought one yesterday from OTD Bay Area Yamaha in Burlingame Ca 6899.00 with all taxes and fees. Transaction went soooo smooth I could not believe it. If anyone is interested call Jeff there at 650-697-9750. I told him I would give him a plug on Thumpertalk. Took the bike directly to carnage to break in. So far in bone stock condition it feels much like the 2002 WR250 that I had all dialed in but firmer suspension, so lots of potential. :censored:
Now all I need to do is change my user name to Dan450, Any ideas?

• mn519

Posted February 19, 2007 - 10:35 AM

pm me, I can have one shipped to you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Miotch

Posted February 25, 2007 - 03:28 PM

$6389 OTD without paying OH sales tax at Honda East in Toledo. Bought her yesterday!!!

• SuperSportTruck

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:19 AM

is it better to buy out of state ? what do you have to pay in fees to get it to where you live

• Island Boy

Posted February 27, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I landed mine in the Bahamas at dealer cost for over US$10,000 direct from Japan.

Import Duty on bikes is over 70% here. Then there is shipping on top of that!

It's not worth it for the dealer to bring them in to sell. Once he adds in his profit the bikes would be far too expensive. He's a buddy of mine and brought it in one of his containers as a favor.

BLESS HIS HEART:thumbsup:

Worth every penny.

• Thai

Posted February 27, 2007 - 02:16 PM

I used to be a dealer (not salesman), putting it on your Yamaha card is the exact same as cash to any legitimate dealer. This is a little out of place here, but I am remarking to the statements that dealers are more interested in cash than finance. Absolutely not true. There are often incentives paid to dealers for signing up more Yamaha cards, putting buyers on certain promotions etc.
JMTC

• SuperSportTruck

Posted February 27, 2007 - 03:27 PM

I can't believe some of the prices on here... even at US msrp OTD, there is still a huge mark-up... Supply and demand I guess

• Thai

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:24 AM

[COLOR="Lime"]Re: 07 WR450 prices

I landed mine in the Bahamas at dealer cost for over US$10,000 direct from Japan.

Import Duty on bikes is over 70% here.[/COLOR] next time you want a bike let me know. I will bring it over on my boat. the duty will be a lot less!!!

• Tough Guy

Posted March 04, 2007 - 08:16 AM

I paid $6995 for mine...price includes re-jetting, AIS delete, free mods and a tank of fuel....

Chris

• C-P

Posted March 04, 2007 - 12:38 PM

I used to be a dealer (not salesman), putting it on your Yamaha card is the exact same as cash to any legitimate dealer. This is a little out of place here, but I am remarking to the statements that dealers are more interested in cash than finance. Absolutely not true. There are often incentives paid to dealers for signing up more Yamaha cards, putting buyers on certain promotions etc.
JMTC

Ditto...I work in the auto industry...in general the salesperson you're dealing with could care less if it's cash or chickens you pay with as long as his boss will take it. Most would rather get the finance $$. And telling them they're "moving a unit" from inventory, particularly a brand new '07 that just came out is mostly pointless. If it's limited supply, either you're buying it or the next guy or the next guy. If you want unit leverage, it's going to be leftovers from last year or whatever. The only cashflow a salesperson is concerned about, and rightly so, is that going into his/her pocket from a sale - that's what they're paid to do. Find referrals to the good guys to work with here and you'll be set. Good luck!

• Dirtskills

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I paid 6800 O.T.D. 3 weeks ago for my WR 450

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted March 04, 2007 - 08:49 PM

Import Duty on bikes is over 70% here. Then there is shipping on top of that!

It's not worth it for the dealer to bring them in to sell. Once he adds in his profit the bikes would be far too expensive. He's a buddy of mine and brought it in one of his containers as a favor.

BLESS HIS HEART:thumbsup:

Worth every penny.

Hi Island Boy.

I received your envelope on Friday.

I'll mail out the block off plate tomorrow (Monday).

Sorry for the thread HJ.:applause:

-Jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.