Models (and not the FoxRacing girls either)

8 replies to this topic
  • yamaha.dude

Posted January 11, 2002 - 09:28 PM

Anyone come across models of the Wr or Yz machines we all love so much?... I have looked around a fair bit, but have only managed to find an old white YZ, and I already have an XR400 model. Please let me know if you have a lead... Plenty of road bike models... few dirt models...

• Bill

Posted January 12, 2002 - 02:52 PM

I have a 1/8" scale YZ400f. It's not a model, if you mean one that you build. It's a toy, it has fairly nice detail and was manufactured by Maisto Intl, Fontana, Ca 92336.

• yamaha.dude

Posted January 12, 2002 - 05:36 PM

Yes, that is what I am talking about - a pre-built model toy... not the ones you have to put together yourself... I suppose I didn't want to call it a toy, because most of our real, full size bikes are just that to us... big toys... :)

Is your model/toy blue? where did you get it? in a shop, on eBay?

Thanks for the info,

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 12, 2002 - 05:38 PM

They are all over the place. I have seen alot of them on ebay. Swing on over there and check it out.

[ January 12, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted January 12, 2002 - 11:26 PM

Hey thanks Dan, they are just what I am looking for... I will order up a few and make the shipping worthwhile... then I can line them all up and run the YZ Floor Master Series... :)

• Bill

Posted January 13, 2002 - 04:03 AM

I bought them from Wal-Mart. As Dan said, I do see them on Ebay from time to time. The one I have is a replica of Doug Henrys YZf.

• rwcfrank

Posted January 13, 2002 - 09:43 AM

E bay has them for ten bucks

• ChR1s

Posted January 14, 2002 - 07:24 AM

They've got 1/6th and 1/12th models. Toys R Us carries a few of them.

• crazyadam

Posted January 14, 2002 - 10:10 PM

I have a New Ray 1/8 YZ426... its pretty fast...
looks good.... but I had to replace the bars with Tags and a scotts damper.
I have to ride over so much crap in my office, but its good practice...
But really... the 1/6th scale toy has cables, and working suspention, only my rear works.. might be worth the 35$
and at 17" long it easier to sit on than my 8" long one. That was not suppost to sound bad... :D
p.s. I got it at Toys r us for 15- 20$ and it is # 15!
Tim's bike is parked on my computer! :D

[ January 14, 2002: Message edited by: crazyadam ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.