Valve adjust cost?

6 replies to this topic
  • dbleon

Posted January 28, 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hey all, I'm just wonering if anyone can give me a ballpark range for a valve adjustment at the dealer on a 01' wr426f. I'm a bit scared of the cost, but I don't habe the time or the know how. Thanks!

P.S. if Anyone in Tucson AZ would be willing to help me with it, I would try it on my own...

• Moto_Mike

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:46 AM

I just had my 05 WR450F valves checked and it cost me $65. The shop told me it would cost another $65 if they needed to be adjusted.

• tarry

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:00 AM

I cost us 116 dollars to check and adjust at a shop in Tx.,does not sound to hard, I would do it myself if I would just get a tourqe wrench.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted January 29, 2007 - 08:15 AM

I'm up in east mesa, if your just checking them, you can do it in about an hour, if you want I'll show you how to do that. if they need to be adjusted, it takes a bit longer.

I need to get a good digital caliper before I start adjusting valves.

• MSHAM

Posted January 29, 2007 - 08:32 AM

$99.00 checked and shimmed!

• Oasis_Flame

Posted January 31, 2007 - 10:26 AM

I'll check them for a 12 pack, adjust them for another 12 pack. It's not hard to check, do some reading and make sure your on TDC.

• ausgeflippt13

Posted January 31, 2007 - 10:47 AM

Sure I'd be willing to help, so long as you have info on the valve clearances, etc. I live here in Tucson and would be more than happy to help, but don't know any of the tolerances from memory :ride:

Anyone here have the specs for valves on an '01 WR426f?

PM me if you're interested on getting together

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.