Exhaust Decision and Questions

6 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 28, 2007 - 09:44 AM

ok heres the deal, its time to get some more out of my 06 WR450

im looking for more bottom and mid range as top end stock does 97.

with that being said,

i like the Dr. D full system, read alot of great things about it, its priced well and is built well. the only down side is oil filter being blocked by the header. is it that bad? anyone have pictures of this?

i also like the idea of a whitebrothers pipe but the aluminum pro full system is way to much and im not sure i like the idea of the e2 slip on. if i did the e2 i know i can change the end cap to small or open. (Does the header matter?)

lastly my neighbor rides a 03 yz450f (you could put it on the show room floor and it would pass as new, bike has like 4 hours on it) well when he bought it he also did a gytr pipe as well. he still has the stock pipe and header brand new if you will. whats the pros cons of going this route. i would be changing the end cap out as i cant stand the look of the pipes end. i would do a pmb end cap in blue w spark arrestor. (how much should i offer him)

what would you guys do, think, pro cons

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted January 28, 2007 - 10:30 AM

... as top end stock does 97.

How do you get 97? I have the same bike and I can only get 84.

I am looking to do something with the exhaust too. I tried search, helped out.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 28, 2007 - 10:43 AM

How do you get 97? I have the same bike and I can only get 84.

I am looking to do something with the exhaust too. I tried search, helped out.

15t front sproket and hold the throttle taped, i searched but there are lots of mixed answers about all the questions i asked. i want to know what the best choice is of the three i listed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SID013

Posted January 28, 2007 - 02:17 PM

I have the DrD exhaust on my '06 & it made a great improvement on the bottom end. Sandy hills I used to have to go down to 2nd gear to go up are now easily handled in third. I didn't go for the DrD header as everyone I spoke to reckons there is no significant improvement on changing the header so I don't have a problem with clearance on the oil filter cover. Has quite a good exhaust note also but I bought the quiet tip insert for those occasions when riding in public area's.

Hope this helps.

Cheers from Oz.

• bullybull9

Posted January 28, 2007 - 02:52 PM

I did the jd kit , fuel screw and the pro moto exhaust tip ,,now the thing has to much ,,I was told to change the needle to tame it down.

• Beejay

Posted January 28, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Consider the GYRT full system, made by Yamaha for Yamaha.

• clark4131

Posted January 28, 2007 - 03:35 PM

FMF Powerbomb SX and Powercore, 13/49 gearing. Got 'em, love 'em, no complaints. Top end is a worry for the asphalt, not the dirt and that's what my VTX is for...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.