regulator/rectifier problems...

3 replies to this topic
  • blazza13

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:22 PM

Well, hopefully someone could help me with my WR 450 03 (Aussie Mod/Stock lighting setup) regulator/rectifier problem...

Some time ago I happened to notice that my headlamp was not working, so i just left it for some time with out replacing. Time goes by and find out that now all my lights have blown... After doing a bit of fault finding it came down to a faultly regulator/rectifier, which i had already replaced not long ago, due to it not charging the battery.

What causes the regulator/rectifier to burn out, particularly on the AC curcuit? Was it the due to me not repalcing the headlamp straight away, causing the resistance to increase then blowing the rest of the blubs, to then damaging the regulator/rectifier? Or maybe it have been the fact i have charging the battery whislt the battery was connected to the bikes terminals?

Any help would be great...

Cheers

• spidennis

Posted January 28, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Well, hopefully someone could help me with my WR 450 03 (Aussie Mod/Stock lighting setup) regulator/rectifier problem...

Some time ago I happened to notice that my headlamp was not working, so i just left it for some time with out replacing. Time goes by and find out that now all my lights have blown... After doing a bit of fault finding it came down to a faultly regulator/rectifier, which i had already replaced not long ago, due to it not charging the battery.

What causes the regulator/rectifier to burn out, particularly on the AC curcuit? Was it the due to me not repalcing the headlamp straight away, causing the resistance to increase then blowing the rest of the blubs, to then damaging the regulator/rectifier? Or maybe it have been the fact i have charging the battery whislt the battery was connected to the bikes terminals?

Any help would be great...

Cheers

a bunch has been written up about this subject, and I know I've added my 2 cents here and there. do a search, find plenty. I run with my headlite on all the time, also helps for when your buddies are checking behind to find where you are. (and we're not talking about mx tracks here)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BT4Stroke

Posted January 28, 2007 - 11:50 AM

You need to float the ground wire and install a Baja Designs HD REC/REG unit. Contact Ben or Dan at Baja Designs. This will solve your problems. It is an easy fix that can be done yourself.

• Asgeir

Posted January 28, 2007 - 11:59 AM

If "(Aussie Mod/Stock lighting setup)" is the same mod as described in Baja Designs stator mod sheet, you need to reconnect all lights through a independent switch to the battery.

Your "old" yellow wire coming from the stator can not be used for anything. It needs to be disconncted at the headlight .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.