Went riding in the snow and mud- FUN!

No replies to this topic
  • NM_KDX200

Posted January 27, 2007 - 08:49 PM

It warmed up to 60 deg on Weds, so I got the 450F out and fired 'er up and went for a spin around my "turning practice" track. This is just a flat little track in my front "yard" (I live on a ranch) with a small whoop section. There were a few clear spots and lots of snow, up to 3' deep.

At first, I could barely keep the bike upright exiting the corners and I did several complete donuts and drop-the-bike manuevers. That 450 low end is pow'ful stuff! But, I finally got the hang of it and started doing pretty well, really. GREAT throttle and balance control, lemme tell ya! Two interesting things happened:

1) On this one corner, I was up and pointed down the straight and then just wicked the throttle on. The rear tire broke loose and I just sat there spinning! I mean I came from rolling around the corner to a dead stop, tire just zinging away. It was kind of funny, I thought.

2) My rims, wheels, chain, and sprockets are showroom shiny! Snow's a pretty good cleaner.

I sure have a lot more respect for racers in the mud now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.