What! no 07 xr650r.

7 replies to this topic
  • BWP Jockey

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:57 AM

My son and I Tripped out to the Abbotsford B.C. bike show last night.We wandered into the Honda display and low and behold ,no 650r, but there was an l.Still air cooled. While talking to the Honda rep,I found it sad that they can give you no insight as to why they dropped the line.All they know is what new.What they seem know about the new is very little.It's like they are reading you the pamphlet provided by Honda.Perhaps I was speaking to the wrong rep.They had lawn mowers,generators.I thought it was the bike show, not the home and garden show.Sad to see xrr missing from the 07 line up.As Neil Young says. "The king is gone,but not forgoten".I say, HAIL, and long live KING!!!!!

• 2000 xr650r

Posted January 27, 2007 - 01:01 PM

Go to Honda web site. There is a 07 xr650r. http://powersports.h...ModelId=XR650R7

• HawkGT

Posted January 27, 2007 - 04:04 PM

Looks like American Honda will have 2007 XR650Rs but Canadian Honda will NOT.

• PutteLiten

Posted February 01, 2007 - 08:14 AM

I hope US, or anyother place will keep the XR 650R and have Honda continue to support it. It was removed form the Swedish retailer 05.
No BRP 06. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Red_Chili

Posted February 01, 2007 - 08:30 AM

I've heard rumors of a replacement (other than the CRF450, whole different bike of course). But they are rumors. And if it is based on the 450, it will be fast, light, ... and not the brutally reliable pig I've come to know and love.

Then again if it was really based on the 450, it would be out already, right? Here's hoping. Honda does tend to be a tad slow with new.

• dukeryder

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:01 PM

Let's hope that Honda makes a bike like the KTM 525 EXC, the 525 is the only bike that comes close the XRR.

• wickedsprint

Posted February 01, 2007 - 06:43 PM

Let's hope that Honda makes a bike like the KTM 525 EXC, the 525 is the only bike that comes close the XRR.

Except with a more durable transmission.

• dukeryder

Posted February 02, 2007 - 12:09 AM

Except with a more durable transmission.

They're def not as strong as the XRR but not as weak as you think. A lot of the failures are 'cause of too much tension on the chain the KTMs need to be run really loose, something to do with the design of the rear swing arm.

The ones that were failing in the DAKAR were the new 690 LC4 which'll be a badass motor when it comes out too 60hp :ride:

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.