05 AIS and Exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • TWILES

Posted January 27, 2007 - 09:26 AM

I haven't taken the AIS off my bike and I still have the stock muffler with the tip out and my question is: Do these things make the bike more finicky when it comes to jetting. The bike NEVER runs the same unless you compare it to a day when the weather was exactly the same. I understand that jetting is major but there should be a decent " all around " area you can hit and in my mind the AIS and non-straight through muffler might cause some problems. Would someone who knows about this please enlighten me or point me in the right direction. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 27, 2007 - 10:40 AM

The AIS will mask jetting problems, because you won't be able to tell if it's popping due to lean jets or the AIS. The pipe is also so convoluted due to the baffling that it will also create a jetting nightmare. The only thing I change on my bike now is the needle. Red 4/5 for hot weather, Blue 3 for cold. Everything else stays the same unless I change elevations, which almost never...SC

• TWILES

Posted January 27, 2007 - 12:16 PM

Thank you. Thats what I was thinking. My wife's 450R quad has the same problem just not as bad. It still has the stock muffler which is exactly the same as mine with the HRC end piece. You never really know how its going to run. I'm starting on the bike as soon as the money starts coming in again(spring). This is the ONLY place that I can ask a question like this and get a good answer. I'm sure there will be more.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.