Need help with wheels!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • jclaus98

Posted January 27, 2007 - 01:47 AM

Hey guys, I need your help! Got a 93' XR600R, great bike, love it to death, but just recently bought it and last weekend after a ride, while cleaning it, I noticed a crack in the rear wheel. Nothing huge, just a 1/8-1/4 inch fissure in the outside of the rim wall. A closer look of the front wheel revealed an almost identical one, so I need to replace both wheels. I have been wanting to get new tires on both front and rear and I figure I might as well do them both at the same time, new tires and wheels front and back. Here's my dilemma: have been looking around(ebay, TT store, etc.) and ebay really has only got wheels from the CRF's and the TT store has excel wheels supposedly for any application, but I don't have a clue as to how that whole setup works with the carrier hubs and whatnot, if it works at all. Plus the fact that they are BOATLOAD of $ for something that I'm not 100% sure will work on my bike! Somebody help me! What am I to do? I would really like a front and rear wheel from a XR250/400/600, cause it appears they were all the same, but can't seem to locate any. If it were at all possible, I'd like to keep cost to under $150/wheel, but if that just isn't possible, someone laugh at me. Ok, go, help me!

• daddyk

Posted January 27, 2007 - 08:04 AM

Do you need to replace the whole wheel or just replace a cracked rim? You can buy a rim for under $100 lace it up and be back in business.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jclaus98

Posted January 27, 2007 - 02:51 PM

How much would lacing be? I've got no idea how to do that, so I would need to take my wheels to someone and have the hubs pulled out of the old wheels and have the new rims laced in, how much does that typically set a person back?

• xr650l bum

Posted January 27, 2007 - 05:17 PM

There is a complete set on ebay. Listed under xr600r! Under 500 for the set. If you are vigilant, and now how to look, you can get good deals. Good luck!

• xr-jorger

Posted January 27, 2007 - 06:09 PM

just sent you a pm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.