Skid plate install, XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • wheelnut46

Posted January 26, 2007 - 07:02 PM

Just recieved my Moose skid plate from the UPS guy and it's really really cold out in the shed so I'm staying in.
It didn't have any installation instructions, pictures etc.
Does anyone here have any instructions, pictures etc. for placement of the clamps, order of assembly etc?

• CTXr650L

Posted January 26, 2007 - 07:07 PM

i have the same one on my bike, works really good :ride: unfortunately i cant find the instructions but i remamber it being really easy and self explanatory when you have it and the bike infront of you. took 10 mins to install.

• wheelnut46

Posted January 27, 2007 - 09:03 PM

Looks like that set of bars that the XRL uses as a skid plate needs to come off. Is that right?
That would explain all of those I see listed on Ebay.
Hope it's warmer tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tirebiter

Posted January 28, 2007 - 06:58 AM

Looks like that set of bars that the XRL uses as a skid plate needs to come off. Is that right?
That would explain all of those I see listed on Ebay.
Hope it's warmer tomorrow.

That's correct, the stock unit comes off.
When you install your Moose skid plate, put the front bolts in first, but leave them loose, so the skidplate just hangs there. Gives you more room to get the rear clamps in place.
Make sure you use locktite..

• perry5150

Posted January 28, 2007 - 10:08 PM

Very Easy Just Sit Down And Look At It .its S Elf Explanetary

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 29, 2007 - 09:22 AM

My skid plate fit right over the stock bash bars with no loss of ground clearance, and they have helped to absorb a few hits.

I used the clamps, and just left off the front mounting bolts.

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.