kms before engine rebuild-wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • yzfmatt

Posted January 26, 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hi everyone.Longtime reader,first time poster.I`m just curious as to what milage one could expect before having to do a top end rebuild on an 03/04/05 wr450?I`m using quality oil and filters every 500km,with the airfilter always clean.What has been your own experience?Mine only has 3400ks from new and interested to know how long I`ve got.Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beejay

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:08 PM

5500 hassle free km's.

There was a similar post some time back if I can recall correct.

• beakster

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:37 PM

I don't keep track of KM's or mileage. When my 05 was brand new I installed an hour meter. If you refer to your manual all maintanance is refered to in "hour" intervels. I have 158 hours of hard Baja California riding on it and no worries "yet". I change the oil and filter and air filter frequently.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.