Acerbis Cyclops on XR650R?

3 replies to this topic
  • pman13

Posted January 26, 2007 - 01:47 PM

I'm looking to get a brighter light for my dualsported XR650R, and I was wondering if anyone had experience or pictures of one on their bike? I ordered a new stator (which should be here soon) because I'm sick of out riding my light. If anyone has other lights that they liked, please tell me about them.

• MindBlower

Posted January 26, 2007 - 02:22 PM

I'm looking to get a brighter light for my dualsported XR650R, and I was wondering if anyone had experience or pictures of one on their bike? I ordered a new stator (which should be here soon) because I'm sick of out riding my light. If anyone has other lights that they liked, please tell me about them.

One in the for sale section right now. I private mailed the owner asking how he liked it but no response.
In general I've not been impressed with much of Acerbis's stuff, though I've not had a lot of experience. It sure LOOKS nice on the bike! It's only 55 watts each though so I'm not sure how that works out?????????? Are two 55's > one 80/100??????????? (assuming a rewound stator in each case)
http://www.thumperta...t=20914&cat=all

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted January 26, 2007 - 02:38 PM

Are two 55's > one 80/100??????????? (assuming a rewound stator in each case)

If a bulb burns out then 2 55's are much bettern than one 80/100. Light wise halogens get more efficient with increasing wattage. Two 55's will be less than one 100. On the Cyclops one is a low beam and the other a high beam. Teh best setup would be 2 of the 80/100's. I'm running a 90/110 H4 on my XR600 and I would really like a second.

With a high/low beam switch, the Cyclops should work fine with the stock stator.

• MindBlower

Posted January 27, 2007 - 08:37 PM

Acerbis site says it's one flood and one spot. But if they only run one at a time then you've still just got a 55 watt halogen running for high beams?. Seems like you'd want them both on for high beams. And I'd assume that would require a rewound stator.?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.