Posted January 26, 2007 - 07:10 PM

clean looking bike :ride: i like it...

• C333

Posted January 26, 2007 - 07:12 PM

Nice bike!

• MindBlower

Posted January 27, 2007 - 10:20 AM

Couldn't get white?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted January 27, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Looks great, :ride: :ride:

:ride: :applause:

• xr-jorger

Posted January 27, 2007 - 07:37 PM

post a front picture so I can see how it straddles the bike please, I'm thinking of buying the same, thanks:thumbsup:

Posted January 28, 2007 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the compliments. This bike has been so good for so long all these years later I am still motivated to make improvements.:ride:

Orignally posted by wheelnut46 So how'd the install go?

It was easy other than a bone headed mistake I made. I took the petcock adapter off to clean the tank before install and put it back on misaligned with the hole in the tank. I realized the holes were slotted in the adapter when I put gas in and it leaked. Once I lined it up correctly it was fine. It should be noted that it came installed and I removed it and created the problem unnecessarily. Here is a picture of the adapter with the petcock on now.

Originally posted by MindBlower Couldn't get white?

I could have but I like the black tank because it does not yellow from gas fumes and I like the black-white contrasting panels. Plus the big black tank gives it that Mad Max look too.:ride:

Originally posted by xr-jorger post a front picture so I can see how it straddles the bike please, I'm thinking of buying the same, thanks

Here are some more pictures:thumbsup: By the way I have ridden it a few hours and you really don't notice the tank size when you are on it.

I did deviate from the directions on the install some and modified the crossbar wire that comes with the tank. Instead of boltiing it through the frame I cut it in half and secured it using the old wing brackets to eliminate any rocking of the tank. It was already pretty secure with the supplied foam that went between the tank and backbone of the frame, the front rubber bushings, and the rear bolt. I had however seen someone on here utilize this method with no problems so I followed in suit. It is very rigidly mounted now.

• husky123

Posted January 28, 2007 - 12:55 PM

That's a good looking sled! Gotta love XRL's.:ride:

• Baxter650

Posted January 28, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Still looks purdy for a 13 yo to me, mines only 7 and a whole lot rougher than yours.

• dukeryder

Posted January 28, 2007 - 05:20 PM

What rear fender you runnin? Looks good, I've got the CRF450 one on mine, but yours looks like it "fits" the bike better. I've got a more oldskool moto-x fender waiting to go on, but I'd be intereted in running the one you have too.

Posted January 28, 2007 - 07:03 PM

Originally posted by dukeryder What rear fender you runnin?

It is an '05 CRF450 rear and front fender (Acerbis). I just cut and modified it to fit.

Here is how I attached it from underneath. I fabbed the bracket out of some thin wall steel tubing and welded the washers on the ends for the bolting up.
You will need to run a rear fender bag as there is a small void between the seat and fender just at the rear of the seat.

Originally posted by Baxter650 Still looks purdy for a 13 yo to me, mines only 7 and a whole lot rougher than yours.

I just finished refinishing the frame and putting new plastic on it.:ride:

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.