Break In

3 replies to this topic
  • yzfmerf

Posted January 26, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Looking to finally getting a 450f. How fast is it possible to break one in. I was going to race on Sunday. Some one told me 3 tanks were enough, i could do that Saturday

• Reyndogg

Posted January 26, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Man i rode mine on the first saturday I had it for 2.1 engine hours, took it home and did maintenance, on Sunday i let her rip... had no problems at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • factorymechanic

Posted January 28, 2007 - 03:36 PM

put it through 4 heat cycles then ride the wheels off...

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 28, 2007 - 05:35 PM

Or you could just beat the piss out of it right from the start, after checking to make sure everything is lubed up and all good of course. It will seal the piston rings better to ride as hard as you ever will the first couple hours...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.