YZ 450 in tight woods

22 replies to this topic
  • rexbond007

Posted January 27, 2007 - 08:29 AM

i bought my yz 450 f just for woods riding, yes i considered the WR but i don't want the extra weight. all i'm going to do is put a 50,51 tooth sprocket on. maybe a rekluse later on. i'm 190lbs. and these new 07's are 219 dry, easy to steer and ride and race. thats awesome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reg71

Posted January 29, 2007 - 04:57 PM

In regards to 'why not just buy a WR if you trail ride'...
well for me what is available used determines what I buy. I ended up riding a YZf because I got a good deal on it. Even though I plan to pretty much just ride trails and the WR might have been a better bike for that, the YZ was a good buy. I have modded the pipe to ride USFS land. Now, I'm looking into handguards so I'm not replacing levers constantly. I'm not sure about this rekluse thing. I never heard of it until I found this site. It sounds like it basically makes the bike automatic?

• red7

Posted January 29, 2007 - 06:08 PM

In regards to 'why not just buy a WR if you trail ride'...
well for me what is available used determines what I buy. I ended up riding a YZf because I got a good deal on it. Even though I plan to pretty much just ride trails and the WR might have been a better bike for that, the YZ was a good buy. I have modded the pipe to ride USFS land. Now, I'm looking into handguards so I'm not replacing levers constantly. I'm not sure about this rekluse thing. I never heard of it until I found this site. It sounds like it basically makes the bike automatic?

I think you made the right choice with the YZ and I have both bikes. Regarding handguards, check out the fastway guards in the TT store as I've tried several and these are bomb proof. They mount to your triple clamp and I've already been down on mine and nothing happened at all. Don't consider acerbis ones because I've had very light falls on the acerbis Rally pros on my WR and they bent up bad. Actually one time my bike just fell over and they bent. Spend a little extra and get ones that mount to your top triple clamp and they'll last forever!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.