Anyone Received the 06 450 SDG Tall Seat Yet?

12 replies to this topic
  • Troutman

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Thinking about getting one but want to hear some feedback first, I know allot of people have been waiting for delivery. Also has anyone bought the 06 Fastway peg lowering kit for the 450's, they told me it was in the works but I have not heard of anyone who has actually installed it or if it has even been released. Thanks

• Wicked Xtreme

Posted January 31, 2007 - 07:09 PM

I ordered my sdg step seat for my 06' 450 back in November through chapparral. They sent me a letter last week stating that They havn't received a shipment and that SDG has no release date or if they are going to make any more. I am a little pissed off at SDG for this. Good luck with yours.

• Huckster

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:37 AM

I installed the fastway pegs with their lowering brackets. With the camber adjustment screw all the way in the pegs still don't sit flush. I guess you could grind down the head of the bolt that they supplied, but I like a bit of camber anyway. Do a search. There is a pretty good thread on the pegs.

I am also waiting on an SDG step seat.

• JB440

Posted February 01, 2007 - 06:39 AM

Just received mine yesterday. It's 25 out and calling for some snow today, may be a little while before I ride. I will let everyone know how it works soon.

• SCIENCE

Posted February 01, 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thinking about getting one but want to hear some feedback first, I know allot of people have been waiting for delivery. Also has anyone bought the 06 Fastway peg lowering kit for the 450's, they told me it was in the works but I have not heard of anyone who has actually installed it or if it has even been released. Thanks

Why wait? Call Guts Racing and you'll be set. Their product is far superior to SDG's, ill fitting, mass produced, always late to market offering. It's a little more work, but worth it.
www.gutsracing.com

• FOX426

Posted February 01, 2007 - 07:34 AM

I have one on my 06 250F. Do a search SDG FYI for my write up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WFOracer

Posted February 01, 2007 - 10:08 AM

I got mine a couple weeks ago, directly through SDG. Call and talk to Mike...he's the man. I paid $125 shipped (way more than distributors charge, but it is realy nice).

Posted Image

• MTshirt

Posted February 01, 2007 - 10:08 AM

I recieved the seat last Friday. Have not installed it yet.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:43 PM

my only issue with SDG is the way the base of the seat fits on the bike....I had to modify my 03 SDG seat to fit the rear above the fender w/o a 1/4 -1/3 inch gap....it is easy to fix

• Dp2boy

Posted February 01, 2007 - 02:31 PM

I installed the Fastway pegs last week and rode with them Sunday. I liked them alot. I didn't even put the camber bolt in, just left it out and the pegs are still cambered up just a tiny bit.

• Huckster

Posted February 01, 2007 - 03:36 PM

i was going to do that, but the guy at fastway told me absolutely not to. Is running them that way making any marks in your frame, mounting bracket or foot peg?

• htrdmx55

Posted February 01, 2007 - 03:44 PM

I have the guts racing tall seat foam the soft stuff. Its great,beats riding on the piece of wood stock seat. I also installed the fastways. They are great. I only used a few shims so the pegs fit level. The whole stack of shims wouldnt fit on the left side because they interfeared with the way my trail tech kickstand is installed.

• hillclimbguy

Posted February 02, 2007 - 09:34 PM

I've tried SDG tall seats in the past and found them not high enouph. I also found the foam to break down very easy. Maybe just my luck. I dont know.
I now by used seats from riders who dont use them or just have them taking up space in the shop.
I take the seat foam and custom shape and install it on my remaining seat foam.
Most upholstry shops sell material that is close if not better than some the seat covers that are sold through bike shops.
Most upholstry shops will install the covers at a fair price.
Some old guy passed this information to me a long time ago and now this old guy is passing it onto who ever needs it. Good luck!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.