Need seat for Acerbis underseat tank

6 replies to this topic
  • airheadpilot

Posted January 25, 2007 - 10:42 AM

Okay, so I scored an Acerbis 3.7 gallon underseat tank for my XR650R off of Fleabay. I don't really need the extra fuel capacity since I already have the Acerbis Sahara tank up front, but it's way cool and I got a smoking deal and couldn't resist. Didn't come with the Acerbis seat, though. Has anyone had luck with modifying a stock seat to fit - can it be done? Does anyone have a used seat they'd be willing to sell me that fits?

Thanks!

Andrew

• split484

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:24 AM

I think we're in an extreme minority of...anyway did you get this set-up to work? I'm restoring a '94 and I can't get the underseat tank to come close to fitting the frame. ANy thoughts?

• split484

Posted December 22, 2007 - 09:28 AM

sorry about all the duplicates people - I'll try pm-ing these members instead...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • split484

Posted December 22, 2007 - 10:06 AM

OK - I'm the fool - unless anyone wants to try to convince me otherwise.

NONE of the Sahara stuff will work with my '94 XR 650L since they're made for the R.:banghead:

and I cought this myself...come on people - I never knew much about this bike and clearly still don't.

Thank GOD I didn't get put 100 extra pounds of gas that high on the bike anyway. What was I thinking?

So anybody looking to make their "racing" 650 into a dakar/cross country survivor? If you want your butt to be raw before you find a gas station, then PM me and we'll work out a deal - this underseat tank is for sale. Here first - ebay later.

• 2weelz

Posted December 22, 2007 - 10:06 AM

What's this underseat tank you speak of? Where can I see pics?

• split484

Posted December 22, 2007 - 10:46 AM

try thumpertalk's site or mxsouth.com - iut's for the XR650R and bought it but, I own a 650L

• split484

Posted December 22, 2007 - 11:22 AM

I can e-mail you a pic fo the part laying on my XR if anybody wants to PM

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.