06-07 counterbalancer

3 replies to this topic
  • yzfmxer

Posted January 25, 2007 - 10:03 AM

Are there any differences between the two? Ive heard the 07's is lighter. But my question is, are the both the 100% tungsten balancers? :ride:

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:19 PM

They both balance to a factor of 100%. The weights a different PN, and my understanding is that they were redesigned to have the same balancing effect while using less weight. They may also have been tweaked to adjust the RPM range of their effectiveness, or to match changes in the crank. I wouldn't plan to mess with it though. They are both dead smooth.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfmxer

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:21 AM

Oh I dont want to try to modify it. I just read that the 07 has a 100% tungsten balancer. I wasnt sure if the 06 had the same. By tungsten do the mean carbide???

• grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2007 - 01:12 PM

No, they mean Tungsten. It's extremely heavy per volume, and is used for the weights only. On the '06 and later 450, the balancer was redesigned so that the weights are a removable component, which allows them to be made from tungsten, rather than steel.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.