Dr. D owners...

17 replies to this topic
  • GixRider

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:03 AM

I just got my new Dr. D exhaust for a YZ426 and am pretty disappointed with it. The end can was dented, the slip fitting on the header side was crushed, and there are scoring marks all down the header from what I assume was debris in their tubing bender. There are some other little things that bother me so I'm considering a switch to brand F if this is what is the norm for Dr. D pipes. I've had a pretty crappy week already so maybe I'm being overly critical. How were your exhaust system when you got them? Thanks!

• JCW

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:19 AM

No problem except that the silencer must be loosened and the pipe moved to get the oil filter cover off. Shall we say, a minor design problem....

• Yamahafan

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:20 AM

I have had two Dr. D systems with none of the problems you are describing. I would call them up and explain your issue. I am sure they would exchange it.

• never59

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:45 AM

I just got my new Dr. D exhaust for a YZ426 and am pretty disappointed with it. The end can was dented, the slip fitting on the header side was crushed, and there are scoring marks all down the header from what I assume was debris in their tubing bender. There are some other little things that bother me so I'm considering a switch to brand F if this is what is the norm for Dr. D pipes. I've had a pretty crappy week already so maybe I'm being overly critical. How were your exhaust system when you got them? Thanks!

Who did you buy it from? I would be sending that thing back no matter what!!
It could of been damaged wheen it was shipped originally from the factory to the store and no one ever opened the box and then just shipped it out to you. I am sure you will be able to get another one that is perfect!
I see why you are pissed though

• Florida_426

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:49 AM

My experience with Dubach Racing Development has been good. If you call or email them the problem will be handled well. I had a defective prt they remidied A.S.A.P. Worth the time for a call or an email probably.

Bill

• TheRooster

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:54 AM

I just recieved both my DR. D pipes (one for a 250F and one for a 450F) in the mail yesterday. I took them out and both of them were in perfect condition. No scratches on either of them. I am very happy with the product that I recieved. If I were you, I would contact DR. D and tell them your situation and ask if you send the pipe back, if they will send you a new one that is in better condition. The pipe should not be dented! I would not accept an item like that.

Who did you buy from?

I bought from the TT store and am very happy with it!

• Ga426owner

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:06 AM

No problem except that the silencer must be loosened and the pipe moved to get the oil filter cover off. Shall we say, a minor design problem....

I thought so to...but not true, The reason for this and on WB is that the header would stick out too far for Dougs liking.....

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:32 AM

I run a full SS Dr.D on the '06. The only gripe was a minor fit problem. The muffler and midpipe mounting points seemed to be rotated in relation to each other so that the axes of the two bolts were not parallel. Once I got it in place and bolted it down, it was fine. No scratches, dents, etc.

DRD is a very good company to deal with from a customer service standpoint. Once I asked them for a new seal for the hot start on our YZ250F, and they kept trying to give me a complete new set up.

• Mike McCutcheon

Posted January 25, 2007 - 01:23 PM

I 've got the carbon exhaust with low-boy header and went for the radiator lowering kit as well. The header has to be down some to give the radiator room. Everything fit great and having the header closer in to the motor is well worth having to loosen the pipe a little to clean the oil filter. I would call them or whoever you bought yours from and have another exhaust sent your way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted January 25, 2007 - 01:55 PM

Sounds like a packaging and shipping issue more than a Dubach issue to me. Contact the retailer and work something out.

Hey Gray,
Can you believe that I didn't take the opportunity to trash on DRD's?! :ride:

• buzzgrizz

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:22 PM

I ordered mine from bto and I had one bend where the head goes on to the mid. But it was from UPS. I ordered that and some boots both came in the same box but the box had a giant hole in it. The ups guy was nice enough to wait on me to open the box and make sure eavery thing was there. All that I had to do to get the bend out was flatten it with a pair of pliars. So your problem is not dr. d it is ups.

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:42 PM

I don't have any trouble believing that, but I find it shocking that you let a chance to hype MRD go past. :ride:

I may look into those on the next bike. :ride:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted January 25, 2007 - 03:08 PM

I don't have any trouble believing that, but I find it shocking that you let a chance to hype MRD go past. :ride:

I may look into those on the next bike. :ride:

Just doing my best to stay on topic. I wouldn't want any trouble...:ride:

• GixRider

Posted January 25, 2007 - 04:02 PM

For reference, I got it from the TT store but I believe this was damaged prior shipping. The shipping box didn't have any sort of damage to make me think it was delivery company and I'm guessing TT just gets it from a distributor or directly from Dubach. Not TT's fault...

I gotta give Dr. D staff a thumbs up. I talked to them both last night and this morning. Each time it was someone different but they were more than helpful and very accommodating / polite. Even though I got it through TT, they stood behind their product and said it would be faster if I let them take care of the RMA. They are shipping me a brand new setup along with a call tag to pick up the damaged pieces. No questions asked...

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2007 - 04:20 PM

Yep, that's how they do it. If there's a chance that you might need the use of one of their parts involved in a situation like this, they send the new one first, and you don't send the damaged part in 'til you get it.

• JCW

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:01 PM

Mine was on my bike when I got it so I don't know alot about the company. Do they make a spark arrestor end cap and a quiet insert for enduros and sound tests?

• grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:00 PM

Yes, they have both a quiet core and a sparky.

• yamarider628

Posted January 25, 2007 - 10:09 PM

I got my pipe (SS complete) in perfect condition and never had to take it off or loosen to change oil filter. Not only that It gave my bike quite a boost off the bottom. Ive been told it is the best crf250 pipe made but idk. It kicks butt on a 01 yz426f.:ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.