Hebo hydraulic clutch?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dan_YZF

Posted January 10, 2002 - 05:24 PM

Hi fellows Thumpertalkers

I'm looking for buying/using an Hebo hydraulic clutch actuator on my 00 YZ426

Someone know what is the exact travel of the Hebo slave actuator?, will it disengage fully my lengthened clutch arm or will I have to shorten it back to stock spec?

And is a boot protector available for the master?
The unit is left without any protection...weird isn't it?

Are lever easily available? cost of replacement lever?

And for those who're using it for some time (more than a year) would you buy it again today? reliability concern? performance concern?

Finally where's the best/lower priced place to buy it?

Thanks a lot

• NJG426

Posted January 11, 2002 - 12:55 AM

Don't know about the Hebo unit, but I've got the magura clutch on my bike, and I'd say it's definatley worth it, along with the flywheel weight, best bit of kit I've bought.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted January 11, 2002 - 04:09 AM

I used a hebo for just about a year. It works extremely well (lighter feel, never needed adjustment), until last month when it blew a seal at the slave cylinder. I'm not going to repair it.

Levers aren't readily available, but they are out there (noth shorty and longer styles).

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 11, 2002 - 06:27 AM

Dan, I've been using the Hebo unit on my WR426 for well over a year. I've had a couple of problems so far. The first problem was a plastic insert that surrounds the pivot hole in the lever got torn up so I bought another lever (25.00)us. The second problem is where the cable hooks up to the accuator (s?) seems a little weak, the cable worked its way out of the jam nut and left me with no clutch for half of a ride. I fixed it using an XR75 throttle cable and now it works great again.

The unit will work on your YZF no problem. You would get full use of the clutch.

The clutch pull is extremely light on the Hebo. In my opinion it's lighter the my friends Magura and no compairison to the stock unit.

I think for under $200.00 you can't go wrong. And it doesn't come with a little rubber boot that goes around the perch assembly.
You can buy them from "erider.com"

Hope this helps.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.