ive got a 99 wr400 how to make it run more like a YZ

3 replies to this topic
  • mtolivedriver

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:43 PM

IVE BEEN RIDDEN MY WR FOR A while and would like more power is there a way to make it run like a 426 or 450 or does the top end off one of them fit on my 400 bottom any ideas all ive got done to it is a white brother e series pipe

• Jekel

Posted January 25, 2007 - 01:38 AM

Get it jetted right (JD it) and do the Decomp cam mod. These 2 things with the exhaust will make it a different bike. Make sure the exhaust is fresh too. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tntmo

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Change the cam timing to YZ specs and cut the gray wire. All the info you need is on this board.

• steve lemley

Posted January 25, 2007 - 12:57 PM

add a quick shot and YZ time the cams as stated above. Ajjust your jetting to perfect and I guarantee it will be a completely different beast. Oh yeah, have you replaced the throttle stop.... Theres probably 20% more power right there.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.