Rad Shroud question

2 replies to this topic
  • virus619

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hello, Ive been told that 03yz 450 shrouds will fit right on an 03 wr 450. IS this correct? If not I know you can buy an IMS gas tank with the yz shrouds, but its a difference between 50 and 225 $. Anybody know for sure?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:46 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]WR400/426/450 Frequently Asked Questions[/COLOR]

Q: Will YZ plastics work on the WR?
A: Yes and No. The fenders generally will interchange with minor trimming on the rear to accommodate the coolant reservoir. The side covers are different, as the WR has the quick access air filter panel, but some members have been able to use YZ side covers with a little creative tweaking. [COLOR="Blue"]The radiator shrouds are interchangeable with the 05 YZ on the 05 and 06 WR, but not on earlier years.[/COLOR] As updates usually hit the YZ first, it is usually a good idea to buy plastics from a YZ a year older than the WR you’re mounting them on.

:ride:...SC

• virus619

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:39 AM

Yes, I did read that, but ive been told other wise. I wanted to know if any one here has tried it on an 03 wr?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.