starting problems?

3 replies to this topic
  • yama426rider

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:42 PM

Most of you know ive jst spent alot of green getting my bike rebuilt and in the process i did the cam mod. BTW if you dont know its an 02 yz426. Now it is really hard to start. the only time ive got it to start i kicked it forever and finally got it to start off choke and having to hold the gas open a little bit even after pumping it 2-3 times before trying to start it becase its cold here. Well ive tried and tried to start it and the most ive got out of it is for it to rn about 4 -5 seconds then die any tips for me ? thanxs

• grayracer513

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Double double-checjk your cam timing according to the instructions:

Be sure your plug is good, raise the idle and see if you can get the pilot screw to dial in right. Low temps play hell with starting these things.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yama426rider

Posted January 26, 2007 - 03:53 PM

Ok guys i've combined things i've read here on TT and tomorrow morning first thing this is the plan
1. Change Sparkplug
2. Change Airfilter
3. Put new gas in
If all this doesnt work
4. Check the timing from cam mod....
If none of this works what do you guys think i should do then? Im really puzzled lol
Hopefully the first three will work and get me going so i can ride with my brother tomorrow the temps. going to be in the 50's!!!

• password

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:55 PM

Dont for get about the valves. If they need adjusting it makes hard to start.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.