Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2weelz

Posted January 24, 2007 - 04:48 PM

Nice! What happened?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2007 - 04:56 PM

Nice! What happened?

going accross a lake bed about 60-70 and it was dusty and couldnt see. i was standing up and hit a pucker bush. went head over heals hit the ground and broke my face mask on my helment which pushed the helment up enough to expose my head and the bike came up my back side which dug my shoulder in the ground (stage 1 seperation) and the peg hit me. 16 sutures . it happened on the 30th of dec

• TWILES

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:06 PM

going accross a lake bed about 60-70 and it was dusty and couldnt see. i was standing up and hit a pucker bush. went head over heals hit the ground and broke my face mask on my helment which pushed the helment up enough to expose my head and the bike came up my back side which dug my shoulder in the ground (stage 1 seperation) and the peg hit me. 16 sutures . it happened on the 30th of dec

I feel for you. I had a wreck on my Banshee a few years ago and had a 3rd degree shoulder seperation. I started out with a stainless sheet-rock screw drilled through a shoulder bone into my collar bone holding them together. The next day after the surgery the threads stripped and my shoulder came back apart. THEN I had 3 pins sticking out of my shoulder right above my muscle going into my collar bone for 7 weeks holding everything together. My arm HAD to stay glued to my side or the pins would break. BAD BAD pain. :ride: Doctor said that if the pins broke I'd cry when I found out what the 3rd and last procedure was. Luckly I didn't have to.

• OnyrDer

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Man nice one dude becareful out there,El Mirage?

• witdogg

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Um No.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Man nice one dude becareful out there,El Mirage?

no superstition

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:35 PM

What does the rest of the bike look like?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:43 PM

What does the rest of the bike look like?

just like a bike that hand crashed. that was all that happened to the bike bent a pair of bars that are "unbindable"

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:54 PM

just like a bike that hand crashed. that was all that happened to the bike bent a pair of bars that are "unbindable"

Well you will bend pretty much anything with 250 lbs of anything going 60 MPH.

The force that those bars are withstanding at the time of impact would most likely be measured in tons, approximatly 15 tons.

Ahh, Physics at work again...:ride:

• live4speed

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:22 PM

ouch!

• jandmsuburban7

Posted January 25, 2007 - 10:05 AM

I feel for you. I am recovering from mine too. My bars on my bike (clutch side) were bent about 8 inches out of norm and cracked some plastic. I was at 65 mph and landed on both elbows. Thanks God for elbow pads. I blew out some blood vessels and ripped the tendons in my left elbow. It has been a month and I have had my large effusion drained many times. It is now therapy time for my muscles. I am having a hard time with strength to hold that clutch which means that I would have trouble holding onto the horsepower if I let her go. Good luck with your recovery. Funny thing is, I work in Radiology as an xray tech and when my co-workers see my swollen, black and blue bruised arms from under arm down to my wrist, they just give me a dirty look. Well, anyway, take care. Jason

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 25, 2007 - 05:20 PM

Damn dude I have those same bars!!!

Count your blessings man, from the description that sounded like a gnarly ride

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:39 PM

Damn dude I have those same bars!!!

Count your blessings man, from the description that sounded like a gnarly ride

i have! i put the same bars back on

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.