2002 Yz 426f Problem. Help!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • JORDO 174

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:24 PM

my 2002 yz 426 just got new rings and seals. i also had it re jetted. i wrecked like 11 months ago, and that was the last time i rode it and now it wont start. i don't know what the problem is. help please

• grayracer513

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:32 PM

If it's been sitting that long, the odds are usually either bad gas, or a pilot and/or starter jet varnished shut, or both. With a 426, it won't hurt to change the plug AFTER you verify good spark and check the carb out.

• JORDO 174

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:46 PM

the carb was good. it was clean inside. we cleaned it all out anyways. we just pulled it with a quad and got it started. but everytime you down shift it dies. i dont know if that is just the idle screw or the gas. you tell me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • j753301

Posted January 24, 2007 - 04:03 PM

who did the work for you?if a dealer did it then you should have them fix it.but causes could be cam timing,low compresion from rings installed wrong,carb could still be dirty in the pilot jet passages.

• JORDO 174

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:34 PM

well one of my dads certified mechanichs at a boat shop took out the motor and me and my grandpa sent it off to las vegas and had a shop down there do it. we went and got it and the guy at my dads shop put it back in and checked everything and the motor was all to the manual specs.

• gildnernorth101

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:11 PM

Sure your problem isnt in the eletrical.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

• Hot  38 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.