XR600 Carb

4 replies to this topic
  • mattinaz

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:40 AM

Hi guys, great site and lots of info. I did a search but didnt get an answer so here it goes. I have a 94 600R. It runs strong but carburates poorly, ie. doesn't idle well, stalls when the throttle is chopped etc. I was wanting to know if and or how a 38 mm mikuni flatslide pumper would work on my 600. It is completely stock. Also what other carbs work on these bikes. I know the knew pumper carbs are the rage but I want to keep the cost down. Would a standard Mikuni non-pump flat slide work well? Is 38mm enough or is 40 the minimum. Lastly, when changing carbs, how do we go about adjusting for the difference in intake and air boot diameter differences. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

• jclaus98

Posted January 24, 2007 - 11:36 AM

I have a Mikuni Flatside, non-pumper on mine, 93 XR600R and I LOVE it. It's a 38mm and I got it from this website from their store for $153.88 delivered to my door. It has great throttle response down low and the flatside really allows that big thumper to breathe and at WOT it is amazing. Can't say enough about it. Oh, and mine needed absolutely nothing to bolt it in, came with a throttle cable that went right into the throttle mechanism, and both the inlet and outlet of the carb went right into the stock boots on both ends. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbaranski

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:14 AM

jclaus98
Could you give me a part # for this carb. I'm interested in one for my 96 xr600.

• mattinaz

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Jclaus would that be a TM38-85 or TM38-86? Thanks.

• cbaranski

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, just found one on ebay.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.