WR Engine in YZ Frame?

5 replies to this topic
  • 2weelz

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:53 AM

Looking to put an '03 WR engine into an '03 YZ frame. It this a direct bolt-in? Any mods necessary? Thanks

• 2weelz

Posted January 24, 2007 - 03:55 PM

Is that a yes? I told somebody it would and they questioned me. Now, of course, I have to find out for sure. I know a few small things on the frames are different but I'm only 99% sure the motors will swap. Please provide the extra 1%. Thanks

• johnnyjeep

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:10 PM

I dont know, but you can try it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450rideruk

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:27 PM

yzf an wrf are same motor just some internal diffrences an a starter :ride:

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted January 25, 2007 - 08:34 AM

hey 2weelz,

I may have misread your post. Are you asking WR to YZF or to YZ (2stroke)?

WR to YZF shouldn't be a problem

• Chrome Speedo

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:42 AM

The motor drops right in.

I just did this (with a '04 WR motor into a '03 YZ frame). Like you mentioned earlier, there are only a few small peripheral items such as the CDI mount, voltage reg., ignition guard mount, and left side wire harness guide that are different.

On my project I even went all out to try wiring a YZ CDI to the WR stator but was unsuccessful. To late now, bracket is welded on and frame is at the powder coater!

Good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.