Just got 06 back from enzo and i need some help again....

15 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:05 PM

I am having alot of problems with my rear swapping on me in the air. Small doubles I can feel it big stuff it scares me. Almost side ways on the landings. Its not rebound or sag, I have played with these all day and still getting me bad. Other than this the suspension is amazing. I am 6'4 250 pounds and my sag is at 100-105. enzo recommended 105mm. Just dont know what to mess with to make this go away and it happens alot worse on Jumps when I am hard on the gas. Bike never did this before but just bottomed like hell. So Help me out guys.

• matts06yzf

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:07 PM

I did a search by the way didnt help much, everyone had different answers:excuseme:

• Bigcr

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:18 PM

It sounds like your rebound is a bit fast. Have your tried turning it in?

• matts06yzf

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:20 PM

i have does nothing.... How about high speed turning that in?

• kyle450rider

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:54 PM

I would call enzo and ask for some help.Chances are they have had this problem already and can help you out.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted January 23, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Wish I could help but my suspension knowledge is as extensive as my knowledge of nebular eclipses. I would normally say that the shock rebound is too fast but you checked that. I'm lost, sorry, Holmes. Ask a carb question next time, I can hook you up there. :lol:

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:05 PM

I'm hardly a guru on the subject myself. Does it always kick the same direction, or will it just take off either way?

Rear wheel alignment faults can lead to this, as can either excessive compression damping or too little rebound.

Check in at the suspension forum.

• matts06yzf

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:41 PM

:lol: :confused: usually to left but not always, wheel is good i have asked in suspension with no answer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:55 PM

I would take or send it back....You pay good money for expert work, I would expect nothing less than expert results...

• Ga426owner

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:29 AM

This has not been asked....how are you lifting off the jump?
just straight on
semi scrubbing the face
shifting your weight from rear to front or possibly sideways

Have someone else jump it - the better/more expert the better...check results.

what spring rates did Ross go with for you? Did they revalve both ends?

• matts06yzf

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:41 AM

revalve was done on front and rear. Springs are .50 front 6.2 rear. Race sag is dead on as well as static. On the fast jumps and an usually coming from Back to front hard on gas both hitting jump and landing. My lat times seem to be much better on this track this way. i have never had this issue before. The more I load the suspension worse it does if I hit the jump slow not at race sppeds just screwing off in a higher gear it will not happen. i have talked with enzo done some changing that has not helped so far. i am going back to track this afternoon and freeze my butt off to try to get this corrected.:ride:

• matts06yzf

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:43 AM

problem with getting someone else to ride it is they all ahte my bike because i am 6'4 245-250 no gear. all my buddies are 140 pounds and cant even touch the ground with my high seat.

• Reyndogg

Posted January 24, 2007 - 12:38 PM

I think a post or two got deleted...weird.

Anyway, start simple:
check your wheel alignment
spokes OK?
tires/traction/technique - i.e. i get a bit sideways if i am sloppy or real late getting on the gas on a jump face sometimes

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:52 PM

Im going to second Grayracer and check the rear wheel alingment. It doesnt have to be very wrong to cause weird stuff. Especially if your hard on the gas up the face.

What was the suggested rebound setting? and how far did you turn it? and which way?

• matts06yzf

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:09 PM

Im going to second Grayracer and check the rear wheel alingment. It doesnt have to be very wrong to cause weird stuff. Especially if your hard on the gas up the face.

What was the suggested rebound setting? and how far did you turn it? and which way?

was 10 on rebound ive turned the damn thing all the way in both directions. Actually slowerd down High speed today seems better but was wet out so was hard to get alot of speed

• David37

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:56 PM

I agree with the others first check front and rear wheel alignment using a measuring tape, not the alignment marks stamped on the rear swingarm. I would also check your chain tension make sure it's not too tight. Recheck the torque specs on all of your suspension nuts and bolts to make sure everything is not too tight or too loose. I would also return all your suspensions setting back to the original ENZO settings and then start with one suspension circuit such as the just the rebound circuit on the shock, ride your bike, return the rebound back to the original setting and then adjust the compression on the shock, then high speed circuit, then work on the forks. I know it's a lot of work but you it will help isolate the potential fix.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.