$60 for a stock exhaust pipe?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dustin_Mabro

Posted January 23, 2007 - 02:58 PM

Seems kinda steep to me. I'm worrying about getting my E-series pipe on my YZ 426 quiet enough to ride on some state trails. I've done mostly dune and private land so I haven't even had it tested. If I revert to an all stock system with fresh packing what do you think I'll run? Is the pipe worth $60, it says it's like new but I really dont' care that much on looks I just wanna be able to ride without hassle.

Thanks guys

• Ga426owner

Posted January 23, 2007 - 03:13 PM

Seems kinda steep to me. I'm worrying about getting my E-series pipe on my YZ 426 quiet enough to ride on some state trails. I've done mostly dune and private land so I haven't even had it tested. If I revert to an all stock system with fresh packing what do you think I'll run? Is the pipe worth $60, it says it's like new but I really dont' care that much on looks I just wanna be able to ride without hassle.

Thanks guys

lets put it this way....I would not sell my complete exhaust from my 03 or 06 that cheap!:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AlkalineOne

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:57 PM

i got one for $25 on ebay...

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:11 AM

i got one for $25 on ebay...

Yah this is on ebay. I don't think it's complete, the header isn't included I don't think, but still. I guess I'll just keep an eye on the auction and see what it goes for maybe i can get it for $61 or maybe I can offer him $50 after the auction has closed.

Anyone know if the stock pipe will get me to the 96db? I've read that the 426's are notoriously louder even stock. Would it be worth the cost of the pipe and the loss of power (would it be much) or should I just deal with using only 4-6 plates on the E-series?

Thanks for the replies

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.