Scary Fast

9 replies to this topic
  • turbbo

Posted January 23, 2007 - 07:42 AM

I bought a 2006 WR450 last April. Going from a 2004 Drz 400 and after doing all the unplugging I really like how this bike performs. After riding spring, summer and fall I'm ready to do some upgrades. Has anyone installed a Scary Fast Racing powernow or Scary Fast Racing powershot. All the articles I have read the feedback is positive. Magazines say they are both worth the money. If anyone has installed any of these products, where did you feel the difference in performance. We ride mostly trails and fast fire roads here in Michigan. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• Bladerunner426

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:30 AM

I purchased the scary fast power now about 8 months ago for my 02 WR426. since then I have noticed the throttle is a bit snappier and it feels like it pulls a little harder. I didn’t notice any power difference in the upper gears, so I do not think it will help you on fire roads, but it does help loft the front wheal. On the down side it sucks a bit more fuel. I used to be able to go about 90 Mi and now I can only go about 80 on one tank. If you got the money buy one.:lol:

• Fullbore4

Posted January 23, 2007 - 12:06 PM

I purchased the scary fast power now about 8 months ago for my 02 WR426. since then I have noticed the throttle is a bit snappier and it feels like it pulls a little harder. I didn’t notice any power difference in the upper gears, so I do not think it will help you on fire roads, but it does help loft the front wheal. On the down side it sucks a bit more fuel. I used to be able to go about 90 Mi and now I can only go about 80 on one tank. If you got the money buy one.:lol:

You may want to try leaner jetting.....mine runs great with about 2 sizes smaller everywhere.

• SteveWR450F

Posted January 23, 2007 - 01:32 PM

I would rec. powernow but not other because it does not improve the performance that much. Boysen Quickshot pump cover also really helped eliminate the bog.

More important thing - get your bike jetted properly. A lot of folks (including me) blow money on aftermarket parts that good jetting would do anyway.

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted January 23, 2007 - 01:42 PM

so PowerNow + QuickShot is a good combo? I've been looking at that as an upgarde this winter. Looking to decrease stalling and improve hot restarts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_426

Posted January 23, 2007 - 02:44 PM

I had the PowerNow set up on my YZ426F. The only thing I noticed is that I didn't need to use the hot start button anymore when I layed the bike down on a trail or track incident. As far as power goes, my bike had a few mods already,so the power it may have added, I really can't say I noticed.

Mark

'06 WR450F free mods for now

• FOZZ

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:53 PM

I got the Powernow & Powernow plus on my 06 WR450 - good mod..

• jnybbad1l40

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:24 PM

I have the Boysen Quick shot so I can comment that it helped. As far as throttle response. I have to say just spend some time on jetting. My bike is like an F1 car, well with about 700 less HP!!! Anyway it is instantaneous throttle response. No lag, no stumble. I also have a Vortex ignition so I think that cleaned it up a lot as well. I think all the little add ons like Scary Fast help but it is no replacement for spending some time and testing on your tune.

• crooks420

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:13 PM

I also have a Vortex ignition so I think that cleaned it up a lot as well.

How do you like the vortex? Which "maps" do you use?

Jesse

• jnybbad1l40

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Im not sure if they are all the same. I was set up with 3 traction maps, 3 power maps 1 stock, 1 WR higher rev limit, 1 YZ high rev limit and then 1 all out power YZ map.

I pretty much use the all out YZ power map. I have used the traction map but there is no hit like I like. The extra 1000 RPM makes a difference as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.